by Jason Duke - Owner/Artisan
Fresh Content: February 15, 2020 13:29
Superfoods are nutrient dense foods and supplements that are full of essential vitamins and minerals. They usually contain antioxidant nutrients that are very healthful when consumed continuously, such as colored plant pigments often called flavonoids, phenols, carotenoids, and so on.
Antioxidant superfoods support the oxidation of carbohydrates and fats for energy, while also supporting vascular circulation and heart health.
- Blueberry skins contain proanthocyanidins which are effective antioxidants.
- Schisandra has a variety of polyphenols that detoxify the blood and maintain liver function.
- Green tea has potent polyphenols called catechins that greatly assist fat-burning.
- Huckleberries and bilberries, have dark-colored plant pigments called cyanidins that promote circulation that maintains eye health.
Superfoods might also contain a high concentration of unique nutrients that promote health, wellness, well-being and performance, such as polysaccharides which build immune function or caffeine which promotes energy.
- Goji berry is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and polysaccharides.
- Cocoa is used to make chocolate and has minerals, antioxidants and theobromine, also a milder energy and circulation stimulant than caffeine.
- Black cherry, a tart version of the common cherry, contains vitamins, minerals and glycosides that support blood circulation in the joints for minor discomfort and to promote flexibility.
Choosing a Superfood
Superfoods make your food and diet work better!
Include at least one superfood and/or superfood supplement daily.
Better yet, have superfoods with every meal to build-up overall health and promote continuous daily performance.
Goji is one of the best superfoods with plenty of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and polysaccharides.
Schisandra is a potent superfood that is very concentrated in various plant pigment antioxidants with additional vitamins and minerals.
Berry Blood is an astragalus tonic that includes three superfood berries: goji, schisandra, and mulberry.
Ashwagandha Cherry is an ashwagandha root and rhodiola root tonic that includes black cherry and schisandra berry.
Ashwagandha Cherry Product Page