What's Nutrition? - Duke's Materia Tonica
January 1, 2019 11:13
The body will be healthier, grow, develop, and heal itself, while experiencing less hunger, by consuming a greater density of nutrients. Nutrition is made up of various groups of food that make up complete meals, which contain the essential nutrients like protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals, plus other supplemental foods that are added to a balance diet to support, maintain and promote health, such as spices, medicinal herbs, superfoods, tonics, adaptogens, and other unique constituents.
Types of Nutrition in Food
- Proteins are required in every bodily process, they make us strong, and are important in maintaining healthy recovery, growth, and healing.
- Fats are essential for long-lasting stable energy, hormones, and the health of organs, such as the brain, heart and lungs.
- Carbohydrates are an important source of quick short-lasting energy.
- Vitamins and minerals are various essential nutrients found in food that make organs, gland and tissues work.
- Spices, herbs, superfoods, tonics, and adaptogens are supplemental foods added to meals to promote healthy performance and as medicinal remedies.
- Other unique food constituents like essential fatty acids (EFA's), probiotics, amino acids, and more, which have specific benefits.