Benefits of Dark Colored Plant Pigment Polyphenols
November 17, 2019 00:34
Dark Plant Pigments Are Super Healthy †
What's Up With Dark Colored Plant Pigments?
Dark colored plant pigments are very healthy and some experts would consider them essential nutrition because of their wide-spectrum of potent health benefits.
There is many different kinds of dark colored plant pigments with many different chemistries and names, but they all have similar benefits and effects.
Resveratrol, and similarly related stilbenoids, and other plant pigments such as procyanidins and proanthocyanidins, are commonly known as a polyphenols that are generally any of the shades of dark red, purple, black or blue in color.
With many to choose, here are some common sources:
Everyone Can Find Blueberries†
- Blueberries - Easy to find in the grocery store; fresh or frozen sections.
- Red Grapes - Eat fresh or drink a glass of wine, alcohol preserves the fragile resveratrol constituents for maximum potency.
- Grape Seed Extract - Affordable liver tonic with proanthocyanidins
- Apples - Crunch into an apple and enjoy the dark red skin.
- Huckleberries - Tangy delicious berries usually wild-harvested in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.
- Bilberries - A close relative to huckleberries and traditionally known to promote healthy eye performance.
- Mulberries - The black kind (actually very dark-purple) are the best for these specifically colored polyphenols.
- Schisandra - A wonderful five-flavor fruit for liver and lung health.
- Polygonum Root (Knotweed) - An classic tonic herb for liver health and natural resveratrol content.
- Cocoa and Dark Chocolate - A delectable source of highly efficacious plant pigments.
- Cinnamon - A potent spice with certain species, such as Vietnamese, being of tonic herb quality.
- Black Cherry - Notable dark colored fruit traditionally used for blood circulation and joint health.
- And more!
And the list goes on and on and includes acai, lingonberry, black raspberry. sea buckthorn, cranberries, and just about any plant pigment that is dark-red, purple, blue and black colored food and supplement you can find.
Dark Colored Plant Pigment Polyphenols†
A Bit-of-the-Bite Summary
- Resveratrol and similar plant pigments have bioflavonoid antioxidant properties that protect nerves, veins, arteries and capillaries cell wall integrity while assisting circulation.
- Purple, blue and red plant pigments benefit the brain which requires lots of oxygenated blood for stress tolerance, mental health, learning and memory.
- Studies confirms much of what we know about antioxidants and bioflavonoids in how they are known to maintain stable blood sugar levels.
- Colorful plant pigments of red, blue and purple are anti-aging and may help with liver function, natural detoxification of tissues which improves immunity.
- Procyanidins found in certain superfoods support skin, joint health, tissue regeneration and healthy eye performance.
Discussion and Studies
Modern research confirms much of the traditional uses of dark-colored plant pigments.
Although much of the research has been done with proanthocyanidins and resveratrol, further benefit can be inferred to most dark colored plant pigments.
Healthy Eye Performance
Red Huckleberries are Related to Bilberries †
Cardiovascular Health and Nitric Oxide
Dark colored plant pigments are terrific tonics to promote healthy cardiovascular performance through their notable antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals that may damage cells and DNA ^.
Liver Function and Detoxification
These same dark colored plant pigments support daily detoxification processes and liver health by assisting fat metabolism ^ and liver enzymes responsible for antioxidant production ^.
Brain Function and Mental Health
One place the benefit of consuming resveratrol containing supplements and foods can be noticed is in brain health, cognition and memory ^. Resveratrol containing superfoods and tonics even have adaptogenic benefits for nerve health and stress tolerance, which are important for work, socializing and overall well-being ^.
Joint Health and Discomfort
When taken a part of a healthy diet resveratrol assists joint health ^ which confirms the traditional herbalism approach of using tonic herbs containing purple and red plant pigments for joint health ^. This traditionally confirmed relation is because of the increased blood circulation within the joints in conjunction with the antioxidant, immune function ^ and the regulation of cellular metabolism ^ along with the benefits of another plant pigment, called a procyanidin, which supports tissue regeneration ^ and is found in some of the berries we mentioned ^.
Stabilize Energy Levels
Plant pigments, such as resveratrol, maintain healthy blood sugar levels within the normal range ^ which may balance out energy levels and harmonize metabolic functions ^ for greater adaptogenic stress tolerance.
And further research confirms the blood sugar balancing benefits of cinnamon are these pigments ^.
Cinnamon is a Potent Tonic Herb †
Anti-ageing and Epigenetic
Resveratrol and similar polyphenol nutritional sources promote cellular regeneration and have anti-ageing properties that are epigenetic concerning DNA gene expression ^.
The Health Snap
Consume dark-colored pigment foods and supplements daily.
Tonic Tinctures with Resveratrol and Similar Pigments
Tonic Tinctures make it easy to take your dark colored plant pigment polyphenols daily for healthy performance.
Go ahead and scroll down through and choose from the following Tonic Tinctures:
Blood Grail - multi-berry tonic that supports the blood-building benefits of resveratrol and similar dark colored plant pigments.
Schisandra - add to juices, take straight or with a little water as a daily toner that will increase benefits of foods and tonics taken with it.
Berry Blood - enhance the adaptogenic properties of astragalus by adding a few of the best tonic berries for health.
Ashwagandha Cherry - A multi-faceted tonic that benefits joint health, cognition and promotes calm adaptogenic stress tolerance.
Male Silk Moth - bug superfood that supports nitric oxide circulation benefits with the highest quality cinnamon and clove and a booster berry named cornus.