Saw Palmetto Poster †
Saw Palmetto supports and maintains these main benefits:
- Nutritive berry containing vitamins and minerals.*
- Endurance and daily stress resistance.*
- Respiratory function and lung health.*
- Healthy endocrine function.*
- Adrenal hormones.*
- Balanced testosterone production in males.*
- Balanced hormone production in women.*
- Healthy sexuality and sexual interest.*
- Genital well-being.*
- Urinary function in men.*
- Physique lifestyle goals.*
Table of Contents
Click Buttons to Navigate
Saw Palmetto Benefits and Uses*
Saw Palmetto Lifestyles*
Saw Palmetto Description
Sabal palms grow highly nutritive berries that grow in the sandy soils along the east coast of the USA. Saw palmetto berries have long been used by herbalists for their ability to build-the-body-up with their tonifying health benefits that come from many nutrients such as: vitamins, trace minerals, plant pigments and high concentration of phytosterols.*
Also known as ‘serenoa repens’, Saw Palmetto berries come from the wild small palm trees that grow up to 10 feet tall. They grow up to 500-700 year’s old in the subtropical planes and hills of sand in Florida, in the Southeastern United States.
Sex and Adrenal Hormones*
Overall saw palmetto is essentially herbal hormones.*
Traditionally, it has been used as a fertility tonic for both males and females.* The natural unique fats called phytosterols, specifically known as beta-sitosterol, naturally promote reproductive hormones in both men and women; meaning more raw materials for the body to produce hormones and more balanced hormones in both males and females.*
- Females may develop larger and firmer breasts and womanly curves while supporting healthy sexual function.*
- Males may develop the size of their muscles and genitals and promote prostate urinary health and sexual function.*
- In both sexes, other aspects of beauty will be maintained, such as head hair when taken with a diet sufficient in proteins.*
The phytosterols also support the production of adrenal hormones, thus increasing resistance to stress and recovery from it.*
Lungs and Joint Health*
These sterols found in saw palmetto may also be used by the body for lubricating the lungs and joints for greater ease of movement.* And larger daily doses will help to boost breathing function and maintain joint health.*
Saw Palmetto Batch Specs
We select wildcrafted Saw Palmetto berries from sabal palms along the Florida seacoast for a high mineral profile and seed phytosterol content.
We extract for a creamy tincture full of the hormone supporting phytosterols that are semi-soluble in suspension. Also we ensure a high trace mineral content to support enzyme function and balanced hormonal metabolism.*
We formulate using a variety of extraction techniques for full-spectrum potency which include:
- Artisan-formulated for Wholistic Effects and Benefits
- Harvesting at Times of Full Botanical Potency
- All Active Parts of the Berry and Seed Extracted and Preserved
- Cold Processed Where Appropriate to Preserve Integrity of Fragile Constituents
- Dual Solvent: Water and Alcohol for 99.9% constituent content
- Semi-soluble Polysaccharides Included in Suspension
- Stabilized for Natural Preservation - No Preservatives
- Activated Polysaccharides for Easy Digestion and Assimilation
This formulation uses moderate alcohol, 35% by volume.
See our homepage for more about our methods.
Saw Palmetto Ingredients
- Wild Harvested Saw Palmetto Berry (serenoa repens)
- Structured Distilled Water
- Triple Filtered USP Grade Organic Alcohol (35% by volume)
Saw Palmetto Dosage*
Recommended Dosage: 500-1000 milligrams @ 1-3 times a day*
Saw Palmetto Dosage Equation:
The dosage of most tonics work by bodyweight and activity level and dietary factors. The amount of saw palmetto taken is dependent on bodyweight and activity level.
BW + AL + DF
- Bodyweight (BW) is the overall weight measured by a bathroom or locker room scale.
- Activity level (AL) is a relative unit based on the amount of work accomplished, stress-levels and fitness-intensity.
- Diet factors (DF) are based on how much calories and food is taken in, such as protein, fat and carbohydrates.
Estimated Daily Dosage:
BW = 1 dropper per ~100 pounds bodyweight
AL = + 1-2 droppers - 1 low/medium, 2 medium/high
DF = + 0-1 droppers for every ~75 gram protein reached
Example #1: 135lb person (BW = 1 dropper) who is working at a busy job (AL = 1-2 droppers) and eats ~100 gram of protein (DF = 0-1 dropper) would have a functional dosage of ~2-4 droppers daily divided into 1-3 doses across the day.
Example #1 is BW 1 + AL 1-2 + DF 0-1 = ~1-4 droppers
Example #2: 190lb person (BW = 1 dropper) who is lifting weights and working an office job (AL = 2 droppers) and eats ~200 gram of protein (DF = 0-2 droppers) would have a functional dosage of ~5 droppers daily divided into 1-3 doses across the day.
Example #2 is BW 1 + AL 2 + DF 0-2 = ~3-5 droppers
To find a functional dose, start with a minimum dose of 15 drops to 1 dropper and work up to a functional dose.* Many benefits of tonics come from consistent and continued use over a period of time.*
Saw Palmetto dropper:
- 60 1ml droppers in a 2oz (60ml) bottle
- 1ml dropper = ~1000 mgs saw palmetto berry extract
Saw Palmetto drops:
- 30 drops in a 1ml dropper
- 1 drop = ~33 mgs saw palmetto berry extract
Suggested Saw Palmetto Cycle:*
- Initial Phase = 15-45 days
- Long Term = ∞
- Optional Cycle-off Period = 7-30 days
Continuous consumption of Saw Palmetto will yield increasing benefits and results over the time consumed; in other words, consistent daily consumption of Saw Palmetto at a functional dosage over the period of suggested time will increase health and wellness benefits.*
After an initial cycle Saw Palmetto may be continued on-and-off for long-term supplementation health benefits or traded-out for another tonic adaptogen superfood.*
How to take Saw Palmetto
Saw Palmetto may be taken any time, especially around meal and snack times, such as a being added directly to a protein shake.
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health.
Take as desired: consume on a continuous basis to develop the natural tonic and adaptogenic benefits that build over time.* Some benefits are immediate and some results require consumption over several days and weeks to accomplish.* A good tonic cycle is 45-90 days of a tonic adaptogen which will generate lasting health changes.*
Shake gently: secure the lid and turn the bottle over back-and-forth 3-5 times to evenly distribute the tincture. Do not over-shake as the vigorous mixing of air with the extract will oxidize and damage many of the necessary constituents for required dosage and potency.
By mouth: hold the liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of extract; doing so allows digestion to begin in the mouth and will take advantage of the activated multi-step extract so that many of the constituents will bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth and throat.* Holding the extract also promotes better absorption and assimilation and elicits an immediate effect that is performance oriented*
Mix with water: squirt the drops or entire droppers into 2-4 oz. of water that is under 120*F. Water that is cool to lukewarm temperature is best to preserve the volatile and fragile constituents from being damaged and denatured which will reduce the potency of the extract.* Sip slowly to allow absorption in the mouth and throat.* This method makes it easier to become accustomed to the extract and to take larger doses of several different tinctures at once in a tonic program.*
For maximum potency: regularly consume the tincture within a period of 45 days; after 45 days of continuous consumption the extract may begin to gradually lose potency requiring a larger dosage to achieve similar benefit.* A bottle will generally last 10-30 days depending on dosage and concurrent supplementation programming.*
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health.
Further dosage reference: How to Take a Tonic Tincture
• Tincture - Liquid Extract: Hydroalcohol
• 1 dropper
• 1-3 droppers 1-3 times per day
• 2 pounds:1 quart - 57,000mgs to 2oz.(60ml)
• October 5th 2019
• 2 Years from manufacture
Made In Sisters Oregon USA