How Do Dietary Supplements Work? - Duke's Materia Tonica
January 1, 2019 11:15
How Do Dietary Supplements Work?
Dietary supplements work by benefiting healthy performance and as a part of healing the body which is based from nutrition science and the medicinal properties used in herbalism and herbal medicine. The nutrients and unique constituents of dietary supplements work with the biochemical functions of systems, organs, glands and tissues in the body. Supplements are best added to complete meals to support and promote their effectiveness.
Dietary supplements have many ways to heal while benefiting health and wellbeing
- Minor relief of discomfort
Dietary supplements work by their constituents
- Vitamins and minerals are essential to supporting and maintaining different organs, glands and tissues in the body.
- Antioxidants from vegetables, fruits and superfoods maintain healthy levels of oxidation for energy.
- Polysaccharides in mushrooms and tonics like astragalus build-up immunity.
- Triterpenes in medicinal mushrooms promote vascular circulation and oxygenation throughout the body.
- Ginsenosides in Asian and American ginseng promote adrenal and sex hormones production.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin in edible pearls and deer antler velvet repair joint tissues and offer relief of minor joint discomfort.
Dietary Supplement Science
Benefits of dietary supplements are studied and research through biochemistry, observational supplementation, and traditional empirical uses. The work by nutrient science and in the case of spices, medicinal herbs, superfoods, botanicals they may be used as medicinal remedies because of their unique constituents.
- Curcumin polyphenols in turmeric promote circulation into the joints for decreased joint discomfort and increased joint flexibility and regeneration.
- Withanolide glycoside saponins in ashwagandha root promote brain function and improved cognition, memory, and sleep.
- Glycosides in hawthorn berry, leaf and flower maintain blood circulation, promote fat and protein digestion, and support oxygenation and calmness.
- Growth factors in deer antler velvet promote the repair and recovery of joint, muscle, skin and bone tissues.