Calendula Has These Key Benefits:
- Supports healing and recovery*
- Promotes skin, lung, and tissue health*
- Promotes heart and vascular circulatory health*
- Supports immune system function*
- Supports liver function and detoxification*
- Assists removal of fatigue and stress by-products*
- Assists removal of environmental toxins*
Benefits and Uses*
Calendula is an ancient medicinal herbs that has long been used in Egypt and 12th century Europe that supports the healing of tissues throughout the body and gently maintains liver, heart, lung, and immune system health.*
Calendula is a Wound-Healing Herb.*
The main herbalism use of calendula is to support the healing of the body and various tissues; it does so by gently and holistically promoting the overall health of many systems in the body. The volatile constituents in calendula support cellular and vascular circulation; and the yellow-orange pigments are antioxidants that are known to support tissue, skin, and lung health.
- Circulatory lipids and triterpenoids
- Yellow pigment antioxidant flavonoids
- Yellow-orange antioxidant carotenoids
Calendula is a Very Gentle Detoxification Herb.*
The detoxification and circulation benefits of calendula assist the blood and liver in the removal of irritating and fluid stagnating by-products of metabolism and fatigue, such as lactic acid from the muscles and other tissues in the body, therefore being a good medicinal herb to take for the promotion of recovery and healing.*
Calendula is a Supportive Immune Tonic.*
Because of the many holistic benefits in the way Calendula flowers work, long-term consumption will support the immune system in the cleansing of tissues and the lymphatic system.*
Calendula Is An Ancient Medicinal Herb †
Tonic Tinctures formulates using the classic single step extraction method for a traditional and potent tincture:
- Artisan-formulated for Wholistic Effects and Benefits
- Organically Grown Calendula Flower Petals
- All Active Parts of the Root Extracted and Preserved
- Dual Solvent: Water and Alcohol for 99.9% constituent content
- Stabilized for Natural Preservation - No Preservatives
- Low alcohol, 25% by volume, so that the extract may easily taken.
See our homepage for more about our methods.
- Calendula Flower Petals (Calendula officinalis) Organic, Egypt
- Structured Distilled Water
- Triple Filtered USP Grade Organic Alcohol (25% by volume)
Recommended Dosage: 10-90 drops @ 1-3 times a day*
To find a functional dose, start with a minimum dose of 10 drops and work up to a functional dose.* Many people will find 1-2 droppers (30-60 drops) of Calendula tincture, taken twice a day, to suffice for the benefits.*
- 30 1ml droppers in a 1oz (30ml) bottle
- 30 drops in a 1ml dropper
Suggested Calendula Cycle:*
- Blood Cleansing/Detoxification = 7-21 days
- Health Cultivation = 30-120 days
Continuous consumption of Calendula is safe.
A short cycle may be used to reduce the build-up of by-products of fatigue and toxins in the blood, liver, and tissue. Most benefits should start to appear in the range of 1-3 weeks.
Calendula may be consumed as a tonic over longer periods of time to build-up health of tissues, such as the skin and lungs, while also supporting the immune system.
How to Take
Calendula can be taken anytime for any of the benefits and best benefits come from consistent daily use.
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health †
Take as desired: Consume on a continuous basis to develop the natural tonic benefits that build over time.* Some benefits are immediate and some results require consumption over several days and weeks to accomplish.*
Shake gently: Secure the lid and turn the bottle over back-and-forth 3-5 times to evenly distribute the tincture. Do not over-shake, as the vigorous mixing of air with the extract will oxidize and damage many of the necessary constituents for required dosage and potency.
By mouth: Hold the liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of extract. Doing so allows digestion to begin in the mouth and will take advantage of the activated single-step extract, so that many of the constituents will bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth and throat.* Holding the extract in the mouth also promotes better absorption and assimilation, eliciting an immediate effect that is performance oriented*
Mix with water: Squirt the drops or entire droppers into 2-4 oz of water that is under 120*F. Cool to lukewarm water is best to preserve the volatile and fragile constituents from being damaged and denatured which will reduce the potency of the extract.* Sip slowly to allow absorption in the mouth and throat.* This method makes it easier to become accustomed to the extract and to take larger doses of several different tinctures at once in a tonic program.*
Further dosage reference: How to Take a Tonic Tincture
• Classic Single-step Hydroalcohol
• 10-30 drops or 1 dropper
• 10-90 drops 1-3 times per day
• 1 part herb : 9 parts menstruum
• November 10th 2022
• 2 Years from manufacture
Expiration & Storage Information
Made In Oregon USA
Calendula Tincture Extraction Ratio is 1:9.
Questions and Answers
Common questions about Calendula supplementation.
Please submit any question via our contact form.