Kola Nut Has These Key Benefits:
- Promotes energy and fat-burning*
- Supports cardiovascular performance*
- Maintains adrenal health*
- Supports digestion*
- Maintains a healthy bodyweight*
- Sweetened with stevia leaf for a tasty tincture
- Contains caffeine and theobromine alkaloids.
Benefits and Uses*
Kola nuts are actually seeds that come from seed pods, found within fruits, that grow on evergreen trees that are native to western Africa. The coating is removed from the seed and resembles a hard nut.* Kola nuts, also commonly known as Guru nuts, are extensively cultivated in tropics, such as Jamaica, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Brazil.* Many are familiar with cola drinks which often used kola nut as an ingredient in the past for their medicinal properties and their pleasant flavor.*
Kola Nuts are an Energy Tonic.*
The main constituents responsible for kola nut working are the caffeine and theobromine which stimulate energy and performance of nerve and vascular tissues, including the heart muscle.* Kola nuts contain an average of about 2% caffeine and 0.1% theobromine by weight.*
Kola Nut's Color Pigments are Antioxidants.*
The antioxidant pigments in kola nut, such as the obvious reddish colored types, support energy, vascular health, and weight-loss.* These antioxidants in kola nut include:
Kola Nuts are Anti-Fatigue.*
Kola nuts help to reduce fatigue during times of work, exercise, and other daily activities when taken as part of a complete diet and with meals and substantial snacks.* The digestion promoting benefits of kola nut promote the use of carbohydrates and fats from food for sustained energy throughout the day.*
Kola Nuts Assists Weight-Loss.*
The fat-burning antioxidants and stimulating constituents in kola nuts assist release of fats from bodily fat stores for metabolism into energy so that they may be included in a weight-loss lifestyle for maintaining a healthy bodyweight.*
Kola Nut Is A Classic Energy Tonic †
Tonic Tinctures formulates using the classic single step extraction method for a traditional and potent tincture:
- Artisan-formulated for Wholistic Effects and Benefits
- Organically Grown Kola Nut
- All Active Parts of the Nut (Seed) Extracted and Preserved
- Sweetened with Stevia Leaf Extract for a Tasty Tincture
- Dual Solvent: Water and Alcohol for 99.9% constituent content
- Stabilized for Natural Preservation - No Preservatives
- Moderate-low alcohol, 30% by volume, so that the extract may easily taken.
See our homepage for more about our methods.
- Kola Nut (Cola acuminata) Organic, Africa
- Stevia Leaf Extract (Stevia rebaudiana) Organic, China
- Structured Distilled Water
- Triple Filtered USP Grade Organic Alcohol (30% by volume)
Recommended Dosage: 10-90 drops @ 1-3 times a day*
Kola Nut Dosage:
To find a functional dose, start with a minimum dose of 10 drops and work up to a functional dose.* Many people will find 1 dropper (30 drops) of Kola Nut tincture to suffice for the benefits.*
Kola Nut dropper:
- 30 1ml droppers in a 1oz (30ml) bottle
Kola Nut drops:
- 30 drops in a 1ml dropper
Approximate Caffeine Content:*
Kola nut contains an approximate amount, on average, of 2% caffeine by weight; therefore caffeine content will vary by batch, but an approximate amount may be deduced.
Estimated caffeine in one (1) dropper:
- ~ 10mg (milligrams) of caffeine per dropper
Estimated caffeine in one (1) drop:
- ~ 0.33mg (milligrams) of caffeine per drop
Suggested Kola Nut Cycle:*
- Health Cultivation = 3-90 days
Continuous consumption of Kola Nut is safe, but do not overconsume at one time or with too many consecutive doses. As with any stimulant do not consume within 4-6 hours of rest and bedtime. Use good judgement and sense with any stimulant medicinal herbs and beverages. Consume in moderation.
How to Take
Kola nut is best taken during the day.*
- Take before work and exercise to promote energy and reduce fatigue and the perception of stress.
- Use during morning and mid-day meals and snacks to promote digestion.*
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health †
Take as desired: Consume on a continuous basis to develop the natural tonic benefits that build over time.* Some benefits are immediate and some results require consumption over several days and weeks to accomplish.*
Shake gently: Secure the lid and turn the bottle over back-and-forth 3-5 times to evenly distribute the tincture. Do not over-shake, as the vigorous mixing of air with the extract will oxidize and damage many of the necessary constituents for required dosage and potency.
By mouth: Hold the liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of extract. Doing so allows digestion to begin in the mouth and will take advantage of the activated single-step extract, so that many of the constituents will bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth and throat.* Holding the extract in the mouth also promotes better absorption and assimilation, eliciting an immediate effect that is performance oriented*
Mix with water: Squirt the drops or entire droppers into 2-4 oz of water that is under 120*F. Cool to lukewarm water is best to preserve the volatile and fragile constituents from being damaged and denatured which will reduce the potency of the extract.* Sip slowly to allow absorption in the mouth and throat.* This method makes it easier to become accustomed to the extract and to take larger doses of several different tinctures at once in a tonic program.*
Further dosage reference: How to Take a Tonic Tincture
• Classic Single-step Hydroalcohol
• 10-30 drops or 1 dropper
• 10-90 drops 1-3 times per day
• 1 part herb : 3 parts menstruum
• March 22nd 2023
• 2 Years from manufacture
Expiration & Storage Information
Made In Oregon USA
Kola Nut Tincture Extraction Ratio is 1:3.
Questions and Answers
Common questions about Kola Nut supplementation.
Please submit any question via our contact form.