Schisandra Poster †
Schisandra supports and maintains these main benefits:
- Liver function and detoxification.*
- Antioxidant blood cleansing.*
- Assists removal of by-products of stress and fatigue.*
- Neutralize environmental toxins.*
- Adrenal stress resistance.*
- Respiratory health.*
- Mental clarity and spiritual endurance.*
- Digestive health.*
Table of Contents
Click Buttons to Navigate
Schisandra Benefits and Uses*
Schisandra is a superior stress herb used as a stand-alone tonic and an adjunct adaptogenic superfood that contains a plethora of unique nutrition, including plant pigments, known as polyphenols, that calm the heart, clear the mind and heal the body. Schisandra is traditionally used in formulary of tonic herbalist seeking greater health, overall daily performance, and the enhancement of all other tonics taken with it.
Schisandra berry is a core stress herb that strengthens the body's overall health, stabilizes the expression of emotions, clears the mind from distraction and awakens the flow of spirit, thus encouraging greater will to endure challenges and reinforcing peace in one's personal purpose.*
It’s Chinese name is ‘Wu-Wei-Zi’, meaning ‘five taste fruit’. The fruit comes from the crawling vine that grows in China, Russia, Korea, and the United States. The vine contains tiny red berries that taste sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and pungent; all the five flavors of Chinese Classical Herbalism at the same time!*
Tonic Tinctures' Schisandra is formulated to harness all the flavors so that it have the effect of boosting other tonics, foods and drinks.* In other words, it enhances whatever we take with it, including other supplements.* Nevertheless, because schisandra is a ‘five taste fruit’ it may be used as a stand-alone daily tonic to support holistic wellness.*
Schisandra's constituents are various, some of which are:
- Polyphenols including the red and purple antioxidant pigments that are known to support vascular and liver health.*
- Lignans which are plant hormones that support liver enzyme functions for the cleansing of blood and detoxification of tissues.*
- Phytosterols are raw materials for adrenal and other glandular hormones necessary for endocrine health and stress support.*
- Vitamins such as A, C, E which are essential nutrients for various bodily processes.*
- Bio-available minerals from the fertile river plains, in which schisandra vine grows, that maintain overall wellness.*
Here is a summary of Schisandra’s five tastes, the corresponding Chinese herbal element, and what they do:
- Sweet (Earth) - building and tonifying to body and directly effects digestive health.*
- Sour (Wood) - has releasing properties and is soothing to the nerves while assisting tissue and liver cleansing.*
- Salty (Water)- maintains healthy water metabolism and kidney/adrenal function. *
- Bitter (Fire) - antioxidant or protective function that cleanses toxins from the liver and bodily cells.*
- Pungent (Metal) - supports circulation metabolism and supports lung health.*
Schisandra has it all for stress!
Because it promotes holistic health it is easy to add to any supplement program for its adaptogenic benefits of balancing the body, emotions, mind and spirit towards homeostasis.*
Tonic Tinctures is a special low alcohol formula of freshly sourced organically China grown schisandra berries, this is where schisandra is naturally native and cultivated by individual family farmers as part of their agricultural commune along the rivers, such as the Yangtze.*
Tonic Tinctures goes through a meticulous multi-step extraction process to balance the five flavor profiles of this powerful fruit - sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and pungent.*
It is an expertly made extraction; NOT dilutions commonly found in the marketplace. This tincture is plenty potent and is perfectly preserved to maintain the vibrant red-purple color of the polyphenol pigments.*
As schisandra itself is a concentrated fruit, a little goes a long way. Please see our homepage for more information about how we make it.*
Schisandra Batch Specs
We select large Chinese river valley schisandra berries that are organically cultivated.
We formulate using a variety of extraction techniques for full-spectrum potency which include:
- Artisan-formulated for Wholistic Effects and Benefits
- Harvesting at Times of Full Botanical Potency
- All Active Parts of the Berry and Seed Extracted and Preserved
- Cold Processed Where Appropriate to Preserve Integrity of Fragile Constituents
- Dual Solvent: Water and Alcohol for 99.9% constituent content
- Semi-soluble Polysaccharides Included in Suspension
- Stabilized for Natural Preservation - No Preservatives
- Activated Polysaccharides for Easy Digestion and Assimilation
This formulation uses very low alcohol, 18% by volume.
See our homepage for more about our methods.
- Organic Schisandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis)
- Forest river valley of northern China
- Structured Distilled Water
- Triple Filtered USP Grade Organic Alcohol (18% by volume)
Recommended Dosage: 111 – 999 milligrams @ 1-3 times a day*
Schisandra Dosage Equation:
The dosage of most tonics work by bodyweight and activity level and dietary factors. The amount of schisandra taken is similar for everyone and only slightly affected by activity level.
BW + AL + DF
- Bodyweight (BW) is the overall weight measured by a bathroom or locker room scale.
- Activity level (AL) is a relative unit based on the amount of work accomplished, stress-levels and fitness-intensity.
- Diet factors (DF) are based on how much calories and food is taken in, such as protein, fat and carbohydrates.
Estimated Daily Dosage:
BW = 0-1 dropper per ~175 pounds bodyweight
AL = + 1-2 droppers - 1 low/medium, 2 medium/high
DF = + 0-1 dropper for every ~3000 kcal reached
Example #1: 115lb person (BW = 0-1 dropper) who is working at a busy socially oriented job (AL = 1-2 droppers) and eats ~1750 kcals (DF = 0-1 dropper) would have a functional dosage of ~1-4 droppers daily divided into 1-3 doses across the day.
Example #1 is BW 0-1 + AL 1-2 + DF 0-1 = ~1-4 droppers
Example #2: 210lb person (BW = 1 dropper) who is lifting weights and working an office job (AL = 1 dropper) and eats ~2500 kcals (DF = 1-3 droppers) would have a functional dosage of ~3-5 droppers daily divided into 1-3 doses across the day.
Example #2 is BW 1-2 + AL 2 + DF 0-1 = ~3-4 droppers
To find a functional dose, start with a minimum dose of 10 drops to 1 dropper and work up to a functional dose.* Many benefits of tonics come from consistent and continued use over a period of time.*
- 60 1ml droppers in a 2oz (60ml) bottle
- 1ml dropper = ~333 mgs schisandra berry extract
- 30 drops in a 1ml dropper
- 1 drop = ~11 mgs schisandra berry extract
Suggested Schisandra Cycle:*
- Initial Phase = 33-99 days
- Long Term = ∞
- Optional Cycle-off Period = 3-7 days
Continuous consumption of Schisandra will yield increasing benefits and results over the time consumed; in other words, consistent daily consumption of Schisandra at a functional dosage over the period of suggested time will increase health and wellness benefits.*
After an initial cycle Schisandra may be continued on-and-off for long-term supplementation health benefits or traded-out for another tonic adaptogen superfood.*
How to take Schisandra
Schisandra may be taken anytime to adjust the body towards adaptogenic homeostatic functioning, which mean towards less stress and more balance.
Schisandra is a versatile berry that may be added to any supplementation program to support any of it's various benefits. It is a booster berry that will enhance any foods, supplements and other tonic adaptogens take with it.
Schisandra has long term holistic building benefits.
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health.
Take as desired: consume on a continuous basis to develop the natural tonic and adaptogenic benefits that build over time.* Some benefits are immediate and some results require consumption over several days and weeks to accomplish.* A good tonic cycle is 45-90 days of a tonic adaptogen which will generate lasting health changes.*
Shake gently: secure the lid and turn the bottle over back-and-forth 3-5 times to evenly distribute the tincture. Do not over-shake as the vigorous mixing of air with the extract will oxidize and damage many of the necessary constituents for required dosage and potency.
By mouth: hold the liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of extract; doing so allows digestion to begin in the mouth and will take advantage of the activated multi-step extract so that many of the constituents will bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth and throat.* Holding the extract also promotes better absorption and assimilation and elicits an immediate effect that is performance oriented*
Mix with water: squirt the drops or entire droppers into 2-4 oz. of water that is under 120*F. Water that is cool to lukewarm temperature is best to preserve the volatile and fragile constituents from being damaged and denatured which will reduce the potency of the extract.* Sip slowly to allow absorption in the mouth and throat.* This method makes it easier to become accustomed to the extract and to take larger doses of several different tinctures at once in a tonic program.*
For maximum potency: regularly consume the tincture within a period of 45 days; after 45 days of continuous consumption the extract may begin to gradually lose potency requiring a larger dosage to achieve similar benefit.* A bottle will generally last 10-30 days depending on dosage and concurrent supplementation programming.*
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health.
Further dosage reference: How to Take a Tonic Tincture
• Tincture - Liquid Extract: Hydroalcohol
• 1 dropper
• 1-3 droppers 1-3 times per day
• 3/4 pounds:1 quart - 20,000mgs to 2oz.(60ml)
• September 15th 2019
• 2 Years from manufacture
Made In Sisters Oregon USA
They are the most advanced supplements.
Multi-step custom-made extractions.
Click Buttons to Navigate
2oz. (60ml) Schisandra Supplement - 60 droppers in a bottle
Schisandra Tincture is 333mgs extract per 1ml dropper.
Benefits of Dark Colored Plant Pigment Polyphenols
by Tonic Tinctures
Visit our blog to gain the correct knowledge of what these special superfood pigments can do for you, learn how the benefits work, and explore legitimate references with studies compiled by experts.