American Ginseng Poster †
American ginseng supports and maintains these main benefits:
- Stable and lasting energy levels.*
- Cognition, memory and sociability.*
- Immune function.*
- Daily stress-resistance.*
- Healthy endocrine function.*
- Adrenal hormones.*
- Balanced testosterone production in males.*
- Balanced hormone production in women.*
- Healthy sexuality.*
- Male erection performance.*
- Female sexual interest.*
Table of Contents
Click Buttons to Navigate
American Ginseng Benefits and Uses*
American Ginseng Lifestyles*
American Ginseng Description
American ginseng root was harvested during the American Civil War as a valuable cash crop and traded with eager Chinese herbalists who recognized it's 'qi' tonic properties for promoting healthy energy. American ginseng is an affordable variety of ginseng that is higher in the antioxidant relaxing ginsenosides so that it promotes ease-of wellbeing.
American ginseng root is gently stimulating and supports a cool calm energy.*
All species of ginseng contain unique constituents called ginsenosides which are divided into two groups by the way they support metabolism and modify energy production in the cells.*
- Panaxatriol - warming exciting upregulating ginsenosides.*
- Panaxadiol - cooling soothing downregulating ginsenosides.*
American ginseng has a different balance of ginsenosides than the Asian panax red species.
When compared to Asian ginseng which contains a larger ratio of upregulating panaxatriol ginsenosides that invigorate physical performance and mental alertness, American ginseng contains a larger ratio of downregulating panaxadiol ginsenosides that relax the body and mind.*
Overall the effects of American ginseng promote chill awareness with lasting stamina and enduring concentration.*
American ginseng has a long history of human use.
For thousands of years, the Native Americans used it as a protective charm from unwanted thoughts and spirits.* Certain individuals would consume it as restorative tonic and use it to reinvigorate themselves from becoming weak, stressed and tired so that they may continue to partake in their needed tribal contribution.*
Colonial Americans soon discovered the same benefits of this nourishing tonic.* American pioneer Daniel Boone proclaimed American Ginseng "Forest Gold!"
The Chinese found American ginseng to be as good, or better, than their own Asian cultivated roots and traded heavily during the American Civil War for wild harvested American ginseng roots.* They purchased such large quantities that its funding was integral in winning the war for the North.*
American ginseng is truly a tonic treasure.*
The Chinese herbalists empirically studied their new tonic herb and found the soothing and moistening qualities great for stomach, lung and kidney health.* It's thirst quenching quality calms the nerves and imbues satisfaction as it's sweet candy-like flavor is much appealing and promoting to digestion.*
The panaxadiol ginsenosides are lubricating to lung and stomach tissues from their fatty soap-like molecular structures.* These same panaxadiol ginsenosides support adaptogenic stress resistance and lymphatic circulation that maintain healthy immune system function.*
American ginseng subdues physical stress and supports mental work and extensive thinking.* It is an effective tonic for reading, study and computer-work.*
American Ginseng Batch Specs
We formulate using a variety of extraction steps and techniques for full-spectrum potency which include:
- Artisan-formulated for Wholistic Effects and Benefits
- Wisconsin American Ginseng that is Shade Grown and Garden Cultivated
- Harvested at 6 Years for Full Botanical Potency
- All Active Parts of the Root Extracted and Preserved
- Cold Processed Where Appropriate to Preserve Integrity of Fragile Constituents
- Steam Processed for Ginsenoside and Polysaccharide Activation and Easy Absorption
- Dual Solvent: Water and Alcohol for 99.9% constituent content
- Semi-soluble Activated Polysaccharides Included in Suspension
- Stabilized for Natural Preservation - No Preservatives
- This formulation uses low alcohol, 25% by volume, so that it may be taken every day, preferably during the morning meal and periods of activity.
See our homepage for more about our methods.
American Ginseng Ingredients
- Shade Grown Wisconsin American Ginseng Root (Panax quinquefolis)
- Structured Distilled Water
- Triple Filtered USP Grade Organic Alcohol (25% by volume)
American Ginseng Dosage*
Recommended Dosage: 250 - 2,250 milligrams @ 1-3 times a day*
American Ginseng Dosage Equation:
The dosage of most tonics work by bodyweight and activity level and dietary factors. The amount of American ginseng taken is highly dependent on activity level and diet factors.
BW + AL + DF
- Bodyweight (BW) is the overall weight measured by a bathroom or locker room scale.
- Activity level (AL) is a relative unit based on the amount of work accomplished, stress-levels and fitness-intensity.
- Diet factors (DF) are based on how much calories and food is taken in, such as protein, fat and carbohydrates.
Estimated Daily Dosage:
BW = 1 dropper per ~150 pounds bodyweight
AL = + 1-2 droppers - 1 low/medium, 2 medium/high
DF = + 1 dropper for every 1250 kcal reached
Example: 185lb person (BW = 1 dropper) who is working a desk job with a moderate stress day (AL = 1-2 droppers) and eats ~1850 kcals (DF = 1 dropper) would have a functional dosage of 3-4 droppers daily divided into 1-3 doses across the day.
Example is BW 1 + AL 1-2 + DF 1 = 3-4 droppers
To find a functional dose, start with a minimum dose of 10 drops to 1 dropper and work up to a functional dose.* Many benefits of tonics come from consistent and continued use over a period of time.*
American ginseng dropper:
- 60 1ml droppers in a 2oz (60ml) bottle
- 1ml dropper = ~750 mgs American ginseng extract
American ginseng drops:
- 30 drops in a 1ml dropper
- 1 drop = ~25 mgs American ginseng extract
Suggested American Ginseng Cycle:*
- Initial Phase = 3-45 days
- Health Cultivation = ∞
- Optional Cycle-off Period = 15-45 days
Continuous consumption of American ginseng will yield increasing benefits and results over the time consumed; in other words, consistent daily consumption of American ginseng at a functional dosage over the period of suggested time will increase health and wellness benefits.*
After an initial cycle American ginseng may be continued on-and-off for the cultivation of health or traded-out for another tonic adaptogen superfood.*
How to take American Ginseng
American Ginseng may be taken anytime.*
The addition of probiotics in the daily diet will further activate the constituents, such as ginsenosides and polysacchrides, in the extraction for easy assimilation.*
Benefits with tonics take time; taking enough consistently rewards health.
Take as desired: consume on a continuous basis to develop the natural tonic and adaptogenic benefits that build over time.* Some benefits are immediate and some results require consumption over several days and weeks to accomplish.* A good tonic cycle is 45-90 days of a tonic adaptogen which will generate lasting health changes.*
Shake gently: secure the lid and turn the bottle over back-and-forth 3-5 times to evenly distribute the tincture. Do not over-shake as the vigorous mixing of air with the extract will oxidize and damage many of the necessary constituents for required dosage and potency.
By mouth: hold the liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of extract; doing so allows digestion to begin in the mouth and will take advantage of the activated multi-step extract so that many of the constituents will bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth and throat.* Holding the extract also promotes better absorption and assimilation and elicits an immediate effect that is performance oriented*
Mix with water: squirt the drops or entire droppers into 2-4 oz. of water that is under 120*F. Water that is cool to lukewarm temperature is best to preserve the volatile and fragile constituents from being damaged and denatured which will reduce the potency of the extract.* Sip slowly to allow absorption in the mouth and throat.* This method makes it easier to become accustomed to the extract and to take larger doses of several different tinctures at once in a tonic program.*
For maximum potency: regularly consume the tincture within a period of 45 days; after 45 days of continuous consumption the extract may begin to gradually lose potency requiring a larger dosage to achieve similar benefit.* A bottle will generally last 10-30 days depending on dosage and concurrent supplementation programming.*
Further dosage reference: How to Take a Tonic Tincture
• Tincture - Liquid Extract: Hydroalcohol
• 1 dropper
• 1-3 droppers 1-3 times per day
• 45,000mgs per 2oz. bottle
• July 4th 2019
• 2 Years from manufacture
Made In Sisters Oregon USA