Deer Antler Velvet
Our deer antler velvet extract is your natural health and fitness supplement.
We know it is and so will you.
Since 2009 we have been batching honest velvet antler for those who care what they put in their bodies.
How is that possible for a small team like ours?
Because we aren't using secret extraction methods, we aren't using dilute amounts of denatured powders, and we don't use only the luxurious tips of the antler and leave the rest out due to a poor understanding of supplement science.
Is your health a luxury left to magic and mysticism?
Don't believe it?
We are not in the business of belief, we are in the business of educated scientific extraction.
Are you a skeptic?
You have every right to be with all the hype and bogus supplements flooding the internet.
Knowing how it works is knowing how to make it work.
But, how can ours be so affordable compared to other name brands? Find out by reading the intro of our deer antler velvet capsules listing.
So what's the deal?
Want hands-on info - visit our page of quality reviews.
The Best Choice for Authenticity and Purity
Fresh Batched on April 27th 2016
You will find a bottle in the:
Used by people like you:
A Tonic Tincture is a 100% pure and unique medicinal grade super concentrated extract liquid that is lab produced from adaptogens and has profound tonic strengthening actions on our bodies in various ways.*
Deer antler dose is 500mgs extract per 1ml dropper with a supplement size of 2oz (60ml) per bottle.
Premium velvet slices are processed using raw materials sourced for potency, tested for safety and extracted via an advanced multi-step laboratory process for maximum effectiveness.
Jason J. Duke Quickly Discussing Team TT's Deer Antler Velvet
This is a multi-step non-heat cold water and alcohol extraction of premium deer antler velvet slices that is lab produced for a full-spectrum of all the constituents.
Ingredients of Deer Antler Velvet Supplement
Serving Size: 1-4 droppers
Tonic Cycle: 30-90 day cycles 2-3 times annually
Made onsite in Bend, Oregon USA
What is Deer Antler Velvet?
Deer antler velvet, also known as velvet antler, is the young precalcified annual growth of antlers found on bucks, stags, and bulls in the spring that are covered with a velvety skin of fine soft hairs. It grow quickly as their testosterone increases with the season and is harvested in the summer.
Its been around for a while.
So you might be wondering:
|Trick of the Devil"|
The owner of the now shut-down deer antler spray company S.W.A.T.S had claimed differently.
He cites stack of FedEx tracking slips shipped to Mr. Lewis' private residence and hundreds of text messages on his phone for deer antler spray.
Speaking of deer antler spray...
Does Deer Antler Spray Work?
It depends on how one approaches the subject of its effectiveness.
To find out if deer antler spray works we have to find out firstly:
Does deer antler velvet work?
Where is the research?
Where is the conclusive evidence of it working?
What is the straight scoop?
What a scam, right?
You might claim that deer antler spray is a scam. A hoax!
Is there some relevance to your cries of falsity?
And why are you right?
So many questions...
Quality research will surface several key points.
Constructively using trusted sources will yield many experts who do know what they are talking about:
- Internet Study Databases
- Published Journals
There are several books on deer antler velvet, thousands of individual studies, several meta-analysis, and even FDA backing for some of the constituents of deer antler velvet.
Coming up shortly we will see what all these sources say concerning the benefits.
Studies, Research, Textbooks and Articles
Much of the research and its conclusions on deer antler velvet has been done 15 to 70 years ago in many other countries around the world.
There are experts with relevant degrees in nutrition and doctors who have spent a great deal of time researching this supplement to better understand its benefits for their own clients and patients.
As well as educating us about the many reasons to use it.
Thank you Dr. Kamen. [Kamen Book: Velvet Antler].
I am sure we will want to discover the truth and go buy he easy to read and well cited book to make your own study.
She has a earned a PhD in nutrition.
Written 500 articles, been on talk radio, on TV, in Time Magazine, Prevention Magazine and written up in the New York Times a couple times.
Okay sure, so what did her book say?
This is where it starts to get good...
Let's dive straight into the this meaty subject.
There are numerous health benefits to deer velvet supplements.
- Resist Physical Stress
- Joint Health* & Injury Recovery
- Accelerated Regeneration and Growth
- Up Performance & Lean Muscle Mass
- Behind the Iron Curtain
- Feeling Good and Libido
Help You Resist Physical Stress
For a long time velvet antler is recognized as a powerful tonic that naturally stimulates us with a clean and non-fatiguing energy.
Not like coffee or energy drinks.
This effect can be subtle, but its long term consumption benefits are profound in that we can more easily overcome and adapt to daily stress.
Many types of stress depending on who we are as individuals.
How much to take is important and talked about in the dosage section.
Having the capability of increased resistance to physical stress is a major use to everyone.
Increase your overall energy and motivation while getting the most of your rest and recovery.
Adapting to stress assist will help us better regulate our immune, nervous and adrenal systems.
Adapting to stress means hormonal health.
Proper use could even benefit an overactive system that is depleted, therefore promoting greater health in those with adrenal fatigue.
It does so by activating the HPA Axis (Hypothalamus - Pituitary - Adrenal).
So all that sounds good, right?
Boost Joint Health & Injury Recovery
Some of us need to consider our joint health and prevent or recuperate from issues.
Deer antler velvet has its own cartilaginous structure.
So its much like our own cartilage joint cushioning, tendons and ligaments,
These are recommended by the FDA for arthritis and osteoarthritis and associated pain, stiffness and inflammation.*
Be sure to take enough.
Don't forget to read how much you need before you begin taking it.
Less blood naturally flows into the joints.
We think the joint benefits come about as a result of increased blood flow into the joint structures as shown by the alcohol extract of deer antler velvet.
We will increase
- cardiovascular blood flow
- range of motion - flexibility
- strength -better muscular contraction
Although it may be slower acting than pharmaceutical steroids and anti-inflammatory agents, proper supplementation yields terrific long term benefit with a healthy goal oriented lifestyle.
Give yourself some time to see results.
Some report almost immediate results upon consumption while others may begin to notice effects within the first 2-4 weeks that will continue to get better with continued consumption.
Accelerated Regeneration and Growth
Let's fast forward to the last 20 or so years.
Modern methods of analysis have discovered within deer antler velvet nanogram amounts of growth factors.
Growth factors have glandular stimulating and cellular activating characteristics.
In particular, IGF-1.
Savvy scientist know that IGF-1 isn't responsible for all the benefits.
But as a superfood source with many different constituents, their synergism for health and well-being are now more understood.
These various constituents found within deer antler velvet will profoundly feed and stimulate our cells for tissue regeneration.
To name a few:
- type II collagen
- hyaluronic acid
- special peptides like IGF-1
- stem cells
- bioavailable trace minerals
These are required in enzyme and catalytic cellular functions as well as being the raw material for tissues.
Modern Research Proves Traditional Growth Use by the Discovery of Nanogram Amounts of IGF-1
Growth factors are known to boost cellular functioning and uptake of nutrients
This helps our own growth, regeneration of tissues and injury recovery, as well as for warding off the effects of aging.
Human growth hormone is closely associated insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1).
Although we know a lot.
We don't seem to know exactly how.
With the advent of isolating these constituents research and scientific consensus has still yet to prove if it is the IGF-1 in the bottle that works or that extracted liquids themselves that cause glandular output of circulating IGF-1 blood levels to increase.
Regardless, there is most definitely a hormonal action involved with its consumption.
What about the other stuff?
Up Performance and Lean Muscle Mass
Highly sought out among athletes and fitness enthusiast.
It is the confirmed performance enhancement benefits of the hydroalcoholic extract that gives us an edge.
It gives you positive performance results.
First recognition was seen in the Russian athletes of the 1970's who were tested.
Athletes and gym goers, like yourself, appreciate the better performance and physique enhancement uses.
Looking healthy is good for self-esteem and self-image.
Much of this benefit is seen and felt through the neurotropic properties.
This fancy word is easily understood as increasing the contractile capacity of muscular groups.
In other words, its strengthening to your body.
Boost Performance with a Pre-workout Dose*
Scientifically these concepts translate into increased anaerobic workloads and more weight for more repetitions, which is a progressive measuring standard of performance.
Its about you reaching your goals.
More progress for you equals more gains.
Athletes report, in studies and anecdotes:
- greater strength
- greater lean muscle mass
- decreased delayed onset muscle soreness
- increased joint health and flexibility
Endurance athletes have shown increases in red blood cell count and greater aerobic capacities, but this benefit takes time to ripen.
More energy for you.
But we need a certain amount to get real results, more on dosage below.
Many receive metabolic benefits that increase overall energy and well-being.
A specific group of those who supplement with our extract prefer it as a natural alternative or healthier adjunct to sports doping and synthetic drugs.
Behind the Iron Curtain
Yes, the Soviets had even been involved in extensive research to ascertain the performance benefits of deer antler velvet.
But they've been using it for awhile.
In their country it was known in Russian folk use to be a warming and vitalizing food several hundred years ago, but with the advent of modern history, they began research nearly 90 years ago.
Modern research teaches us something new.
It wasn't until the 1970's that they discovered an extract of the lipids manufactured into an aqueous alcohol extract had many strengthening benefits to the human organism.*
The Secret Soviet Weapon
The chairman of the Olympic Committee mandated all athletes use their patented deer antler drug called Pantocrin to increase recovery, growth and performance.
Don't you remember the Soviet who dominated Rocky?
And to those who know their history, the Soviets did actually dominated Olympic sports, especially weightlifting, from the early 70's to the late 80's.
Could this have been a secret confidential edge?
If all of this interest you, you need our Power Velvet version.
Feeling Good and Raising Libido*
Deer antler velvet has long been a sexual and intimacy tonic for men and women and a couple countries have developed drugs from the extracts for use in those with libido issues.
We get hormonal effects from supplementing.
Some of this can be seen from the increased amounts of Luteinizing hormone and its effects.
To Boost Libido Make Sure to Get the Alcohol Extract of Deer Antler Velvet*
Plus you already know about the blood circulatory properties which assist blood flow into the pelvis.
Because of the above mentioned performance properties and circulation benefits of the aqueous alcohol extract, as well as the neurotropic capacities one may find that the deer antler velvet extract will assist overall levels of libido.*
There must be a reason to is use and a booming world industry that garners the attention of several researchers and scientist in many countries.
Modern understanding has greatly advanced our knowledge of velvet antler.
We know by its composition and the knowledge of the structure and function of the plenitude of constituents which work together, like a symphony, to create an efficacious supplement that yields a multitude of benefits.
Its got a bunch of stuff in it, don't miss that link above about the constituents.
But, overall it contains a large amount of peptides and minerals that work synergistically with unique compounds such as hyaluronic acid and growth factors to elicit many of the effects and results.
Firstly we will outline the most scientifically backed uses of deer antler velvet.
Read on and make your own conclusions from the evidence supplied in the rest of this article.
- Solid Scientific Claims
- Not Fully Conclusive Claims
- Not So Scientific Claims
Solid Scientific Claims
- Tonic Adaptogen* - This is a fancy concept that references the research into supplements that do not elicit a medicinal effect, but rather a strengthening effect on the body and its systems.* They are tonic in action and stimulate clean holistic energy and prevent fatigue while helping us to overcome stress and maintain strong immune systems.* Due to some of the following actions we will see that this stress adaptation is generally physical in nature.
- Performance - Borrowing the scientific research, its mandatory use by the Soviets has shown increased blood circulatory benefits, liver protective attributes and neurotropic effects of the aqueous alcohol extract.* Neurotropic means nervous innervation, the contractile capacity of muscle groups.* This leads to short burst style athletic performance increases found in weightlifting, bodybuilding, and similar sports.*
- Joint Health & Injury Recovery* - Due to certain constituents recognized by the government one will benefit by better joint health, plus the content of proteins similar to our own bodily structures are plentiful within deer antler supplements, such as type II collagen.* Another involved and interesting cellular activator known as hyaluronic acid has many additional benefits for repair and regeneration.
- Tissue Growth* - Ancient use was as a growth tonic for underdeveloping children and as a endocrine activator for the glandularly deficient.* It was also recommended to maturing people because of this interesting action on the body.* In modern times it has been discovered that very small amounts of key constituents, called growth factors, signal cellular structures for regeneration and growth, and are found in deer antler velvet extract itself and in larger amounts within the circulating blood of those who take it.*
Not Fully Conclusive Claims
- Aphrodisiac* - For a long time it has been used to strengthen sexual function, but modern studies of deer antler velvet results are inconclusive concerning women and from men who suffer from erectile dysfunction. Although some people do report benefit in libido, this may be because of the performance, blood circulation and stress adaptation effects.* So in other words, if your supplement doesn't have the alcohol extract in it don't expect the benefits of supplements made with it.*
- Fat Loss* - Directly it may not be a fat reducer and there is nothing to prove it so scientifically. But as a stress adaption supplement and performance enhancer that also contains ursolic acid, which may be beneficial for fat loss, we can, with a little effort and motivational boost from deer antler velvet, achieve a leaner physique.* Additionally, research in other fields suggests a reduced stress response may be responsible for a smaller waist.*
- Blood Health* - Because of the high mineral content and some studies suggesting increases in red blood cell count it may be possible to build blood quality, but anemia is much more than both of these studied benefits.*
Not So Scientific Claims
- Muscle Builder* - Some "experts" make bold claims that it builds muscle. They compare it to anabolic steroids and other testosterone drugs that give many athletes who dope an advantage over the competition. This is folly claim that has no backing from direct research or research into other associated fields that would be relevant to deer antler spray. Only two things will build muscle: resistance training and real steroid drugs. Make the right choice and get to work.*
- Speed Exercise Recovery - Depends which way you look at, but in general it really depends on why you would need it. If you think it is a steroid that helps you recover quicker and train more you are grossly mistaken. But if you have joint issues, or desire the benefits of increased blood flow assisting lactic acid and glycogen conversion in the liver, or need a boost to tissue regeneration than this is smarter thinking on your part.
- Raise Testosterone* - Seriously, what if you are a woman? This is once again incorrect as it does not directly raise testosterone for a majority of the population, especially women. But if you have low testosterone as a man due to overwhelming stress and fatigue than the adaptogenic capabilities may allow your endocrine system to function more appropriately, hence you can correct for proper testosterone functioning.*
There are three sections used to identify the composition of velvet antler.
Tips and Uppers – The tine is also known as the Wax or Jelly Piece due to its fatty glossy texture.
Middles – The shaft and branch is known as the Blood Piece from the larger amount of vessels found in the interior.
Bottoms – The trunk, or flattened base section, known as the Bone Piece, is completely hollow inside.
In the above picture is an above average quality rack. We see that it has 14 tines, 2 main shafts and 4 branches, and 2 center trunks. Higher quality racks are known to contain more tines.
For best results hold the extract liquid under the tongue for 60-90 seconds and then swallow the rest of the extract. This allows many of the constituents to bypass digestion and enter the body through the mouth. It also better promotes the immediate effects.
To properly reap deer antler velvet results and benefits we must be sure to take enough according to the research.
You will easily find studies where deer antler velvet fails to prove anything. And the most likely cause is because of improper dose or insufficient dose being used in studies.
- Guidelines for Consumption - Directions
- Deer Antler Velvet Side Effects
- Combining with Caffeine
- What is the Best Deer Antler Velvet Supplement?
Be sure your supplement measures up to the studies, research and textbooks to figure how much deer antler velvet dosage you require. Click click the following link to learn what is the best deer antler velvet supplement.
Deer Antler Velvet Extract Liquids
Guidelines for Consumption - Directions
Most clients report many benefits within the first 7-14 days of an appropriate functional dosage per their individuality.
Being based upon the numerous sources concerning hydroalcoholic (alcohol and water) extracts that conclude "statistical relevance" for the desired effects and results the following dosages are recommended:
Per Day: One dropper + one additional dropper per 50 lbs of bodyweight.
Therefore a 150lb.-175lb. person should consume about 4 droppers a day.
The textbooks and research give a general average dose of 2,000 milligrams deer antler velvet daily.
The TCM textbooks cite 1,000 milligrams to 3,000 milligrams daily.
A meta-analysis by the New Zealand government and Deer Industry shows 2,000 milligrams minimum daily to achieve recognizable results.
The average client will require 1,000 milligrams to 3,000 milligrams daily with a possible minimum dose of 2,000 milligrams daily. At this dosage a bottle will last approximately 3 weeks.*
- This is 2-6 droppers per day of our deer antler velvet extract.
Additionally, the very physically active, manual laborers, competitive athletes, weightlifters, bodybuilders will obviously require more daily to achieve the desired effects and results.*
The very active client will require 2,000 milligrams to 6,000 milligrams daily. At this dosage a bottle will last approximately 1.5 to 2 weeks.*
- This is 4-12 droppers per day of our deer antler velvet extract Please consider adding the double potency performance Power Velvet extract to your regimen.
Most clients over the years have found that 2-4 droppers once to twice daily gives best results.*
Three main keys:
- Take 30 minutes before exercise or athletic performance to boost physical activity or intimacy
- Take with meals to promote regeneration, growth and recovery.
- Take your largest dose earlier in your day especially if doing so for pain relief.
It may take a small period of adjustment to get the full benefits. Please take some time to learn how to take a tonic tincture and receive the best benefits from supplementation.
Due to the nature of the various growth factors and other natural key constituents moderate and consistent doses (3-6 droppers per day for a 175lb person) over an extended course of time are the best way to derive the most benefit.
It is completely possible to take too much or too little - there is an ideal dosage that will work for you.
The longer you take it consistently, the more profound the effects.
Deer Antler Velvet Side Effects
Although deer antler velvet is safe and non-toxic it is because of the potency of premium quality one is best starting with a minimum dose and working up to a functional dose over time to avoid mild side effects.*
Simply reducing the dosage will reduce side effects and oftentimes divided doses throughout the day are best at avoiding side effects.*
Although it isn't a side effect that is bothersome, some may get red eyes and if this happens take a smaller dose over time until the bodily systems become accustomed to the potency of this extract.*
Combining with Caffeine
Consuming it with stimulants such as caffeine will synergistically increase physical performance benefits, very large doses of caffeine may cause side effects to become prominent.*
Be aware of this and do one's best to start with small combined doses concerning performance enhancement.*
With proper combined supplementation their is still a risk of exceeding performance standards too quickly and overtraining or surpassing currently developed joint integrity.
For those who require additional recovery, such a performance athletes, they are recommended consuming their dose post-workout and after training to boost recovery.*
What is the Best Deer Antler Velvet Supplement?
Click click the following link to learn what is the best deer antler velvet supplement.
To further engage your education...
- Wikipedia is trusted community source full of references - Velvet Antler
- WebMD may be used for interactions and summary information - Deer Velvet
- DeerNZ.org is the New Zealand deer industry government regulated website - Antlers
- PubMed.gov - Antler Velvet Search of Database
- Yance, Donald, CN, MH, RH (AHG), Adaptogens in Medical Herbalism. Rochester, Vermont. Healing Arts Press. 2013. Print.
- Kamen, Betty PhD and Paul, The Remarkable Healing Power of Velvet Antler. Novato California, Nutrition Encounter. 2003. Print.
- Davidson, Allison, Velvet Antler. Connecticut. 2000. Print.
- Bensky, Clavey, Stoger, Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica 3rd Edition. Seattle Washington, Eastland Press, 2004. Print.
- Wu, Jing-Nuan, An Illustrated Chinese Materia Medica. New York, New York. Oxford University Press. 2005.
- Tierra, Michael L.Ac, OMD, AHG and Leslie L.Ac, AHG, Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica and Herbal Resource Vol II. Twin Lakes Wisconsin, Lotus Press, 1998. Print.
- Baltimore Sun - Swats owner publicly apologizes to Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis
Swing by and visit our Tonic Tinctures Storefront to discover more adaptogenic supplements and gain further access to greater energy, health, and wellbeing.
Please peruse our collection of deer antler velvet supplements and choose a best fit for you today. We have 3 different extracts based on the desired benefits.*
This extract listed on this page is a holistic version to include all the benefits in a balanced formula for optimal health.